PPL(A) PRIVAT PILOT LICENSE
- Age 16 years - skilltest not before < 17 years
- Class 2 medical certificate
- Flight Radio Telephony Operators License in German and/or English language
- Language proficiency Level 4 in case you target for an IR Instrument Rating
Privileges and conditions
A PPL for aeroplanes will allow you to act as pilot in command (PIC) in non-commercial operations on aeroplanes SEP(l) or touring motor glider (TMGs). The exception to this is for holders of a PPL (A) with instructor or examiner privileges, who can be paid for the following:
1 Flight instruction
2 Conducting skill tests and proficiency checks for the LAPL (A) or PPL (A) and any associated ratings and endorsements.
Personal add on:
1) Class Ratings
- SET(l) Single Engine Turbine - you need to attend also a HPA High Performance Aircraft Course
- MEP(l) Multi Engine Piston
2) other Ratings
- IR Instrument Rating (standard or CB IR Competence Based Instrument Rating)
- NIT Night VFR
- Mountain Raiting
- Seaplabe Rating (s)
- Towing (Sailplane and/or Banner)
Experience requirements and crediting
If you don’t already hold a licence, you will need to complete 45 hours of flight instruction on aeroplanes, 5 hours of which may have been completed in an approved flight simulator (an FSTD – flight simulation training device), including at least:
25 hours of dual flight instruction,
10 hours of supervised solo flight time, including at least 5 hours of solo cross country flight time with at least 1 cross country flight of at least 270 km (150 NM) that includes full stop landings at 2 aerodromes different from the departure aerodrome.
You will need to complete a skill test after you have completed all the flying requirements.
PPL (A) crediting if you hold a LAPL (A)
If you hold a LAPL (A) and are applying for a PPL (A) you must complete the following:
1) At least 15 hours of flight time on aeroplanes after the issue of the LAPL (A), of which at least 10 hours should be flight instruction at a DTO.
2) This flight instruction must include 4 hours of supervised solo flight, of which at least 2 hours must be solo cross country, with at least 1 cross country flight of 270km (150NM) or more, plus full stop landings at 2 aerodromes different from the departure aerodrome.
PPL (A) crediting if you hold a LAPL (S)
If you hold a LAPL (S) with a TMG endorsement and are applying for a PPL (A), you must complete the following:
1) At least 24 hours of flight time on a TMG after the TMG endorsement was granted
2) 15 hours of flight instruction in aeroplanes at an ATO, including at least:
- 10 hours of supervised solo flight time, including at least 5 hours of solo cross country flight time with at least 1 cross country flight of at least 270 km (150 NM) that includes 2 full stop landings at an aerodrome different from the departure aerodrome.
PPL (A) crediting if you hold another type of licence
If you hold a pilot’s licence for another type of aircraft, except balloons, you will be credited with 10% of your total flight time as PIC up to a maximum of 10 hours. You will still need to complete 10 hours of supervised solo flight time, including at least 5 hours of solo cross country flight time with at least 1 cross country flight of at least 270 km (150 NM) that includes 2 full stop landings at an aerodrome different from the departure aerodrome as the credited flight time cannot be counted towards this requirement.
Terms & Condition
Althoug the price is based on "fair use" and represents an all inclusive amount we will re-charge the student for any hour after passing the target hours for the Training course. The target is considered as legally required block time hours plus 10 hrs. For example PPL(A): 45 hrs. + 10 hrs. = Target 55 hrs block time (Time-out till Time-in).
Training - All inclusive! 10/90 hrs. Class/CBT
- Administration fee at Alpe Adria Aviation Academy
- Classroom Training 10 hours
- Traing material ( Advanced PPL-Guide 7 books)
- CBT Training (Computer Based Training) 90hrs.
- iOs & Desktop APP login @ AIRACADEMY
- PEXO - Education Progress Check
- Online Questions Trainer @ AIRACADEMY
- Flight Instruction 45 block time hours + 10 hours "fair use"
- Aeroplane 4 Seater - G1000NXi
- Approach, Landing & Parking Fees
- Tecnam P2010 TDI
Additional investments - please check carefully!
- NO Membership
- Class 2 medical certificate
- Flight Radio Telephony Operator License
- FRTOL Class room for BFZ (& English = EFZ)
- Examination fee at Authority
- (for IR Instrument Rating EFZ & IR = AFZ)
- Language proficiency at least level 4 (if, English is used e.g. IR)
- Flight Bag
- Flight Bag
- Flight Cap
- Sun Glasses
- ICAO Chart Austria
- NAV Triangle
- NAV calculator or computer
- Pilot Logbook
- Head Set (activ or passiv)
- Survival Kit
- Airport Klagenfurt (LOWK) Entry Card
- Theory - Examination fee at Austrocontrol GmbH (Vienna)
- Skill Test
- Approach, landing & parking fees
- Examination fee
- Authority fee for paperwork
At the end of training, and when all requirements for licence issue have been met, you will need to take a skill test with an examiner. The skill test (legally) takes place out of your flight training school´s (DTO or ATO) environment and responsibility, even we will organise the infrastructure, equipment and examinier for our students.
This is to demonstrate that the procedures and manoeuvres that you will have been taught during training can be carried out competently as pilot in command (PIC) on the relevant aircraft category.